View From Port Vale

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

And to think they've got to head back to life in Port Vale on top of it all.

awful should of been so much more easily could of been 6-7 best team we have played”

Could of easily been 8-0 today

Great comments.

Like this one too:

“I said before the game that my goal was to not hear Sheff U fans celebrate,it happened 8 times”

"We left pockets of space everywhere for them to exploit..."

Well though United played, that struck me almost as soon as the game started. In all the home games he's played Fleck has struggled a bit to make an impact in crowded midfields but from the first whistle today he was in acres of space every time he received the ball. He showed what he can do but he won't be given that sort of room every week.

That said, our movement was excellent.

Our movement was excellent, midfielders always had an option to pass to today bur our pressure and closing down was even better, they never had a chance on the ball and we won a ton of 50-50s as a result. One of the best midfield displays I can remember from United.

If the linesman hadn't been flag happy they could have got something else out of the game as well... a real propper hammering.

Exactly.

The guy's got a tiny point that if Grant had converted when he was seemingly clean through (superb pacy track back & challenge by Freeman btw) it would have altered the complexion of things. But they'd hardly "have got something out of the game" as a result. We were so dominant today, we'd have just shrugged it off & gone on to batter them anyway. They just couldn't live with us today. They were made to look incredibly ordinary.

As has been said in another thread, the self-belief is back, big time.

They left a lot of space in midfield for Duffy to just wander around in.

Their fans comments pretty much spot on, they just did not show up today. The great thing for us is that we exploited it and played our best football.

Wish I could see the Vale fan I met on holiday way back when we got the win against Oxford and he was bouncing all round boozer thinking they were gonna walk the league - hahaha bellends

Just got back from the game and felt we could have got something out of it

There's always one...

He's one of those annoying twats who at 4-0 down in injury time is shouting "come on lads we can get something out of this"

awful should of been so much more easily could of been 6-7 best team we have played”

Could of easily been 8-0 today

Great comments.

Like this one too:

“I said before the game that my goal was to not hear Sheff U fans celebrate,it happened 8 times”
The last comment is my personal favourite of all time

On the way to the match today, a plank from burslem asked me " Which way is it to your shitty ground". Oh the irony!!!.

Yeah, "Sheffield's a shithole", I want to go back to Burslem!

Was just heading home from London Rd and going up Bramall Lane. There's a load of
Police cars and vans and a Stoke-onTrent coach right outside Cricks which seems very dead with curtains drawn etc.

Anyone know what's going on?

On the way to the match today, a plank from burslem asked me " Which way is it to your shitty ground". Oh the irony!!!.

Just for a laugh, when we play away there, I ask a slack jawed local if he can direct me to the "Wembley of the North", even though I know exactly where it is.

Not that Wembley down south ever ran out of money half way through building the royal box and still only has half its seats, so dignatories have nothing to sit on.

We were quite simply fuckin brilliant today and it was like playing a pub team..........and to think that before KO they were in 4th place! Another season in this shitty league that shows just how poor the other teams are......maybe this time we can do summat about it and get the fuck back into the Champ.

Back
Top Bottom