We can only do our bit.

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

From the pig end

Reaction score
I'm sick of the pigs result bothering me.
If we both win it completely takes the shine off our 3 points and to be honest that's pathetic. What am I playing at!? Even today after a battling performance where we've shown bottle and fighting spirit I've had my mood dented slightly by those bastards getting a late winner.... well that's not happening again.
We a really a division apart and I can't fully support my team if all I ever do is worry about the dark side.
United need our backing, everything seems to be falling into place and I think I should finally just enjoy the ride.
Hopefully I can get back to moaning and slagging the pigs off next year when the dreaded sheffield derby returns but until then i promise to stick to many of your sign offs; fuck the pigs, UP THE BLADES.

Wow.

This is going to get seen be a creeping Owl and it's going to end up on OwlsTalk with a load of them properly taking the piss.

Gg

Wow.

This is going to get seen be a creeping Owl and it's going to end up on OwlsTalk with a load of them properly taking the piss.

Gg
If we both win it completely takes the shine off our 3 points and to be honest that's pathetic. What am I playing at!? Even today after a battling performance where we've shown bottle and fighting spirit I've had my mood dented slightly by those bastards getting a late winner.... well that's not happening again.
We a really a division apart and I can't fully support my team if all I ever do is worry about the dark side.
United need our backing, everything seems to be falling into place and I think I should finally just enjoy the ride.
Hopefully I can get back to moaning and slagging the pigs off next year when the dreaded sheffield derby returns but until then i promise to stick to many of your sign offs; fuck the pigs, UP THE BLADES.

Maybe best to give up football completely - sounds like it could cause you some SERIOUS psychological damage :eek:

Know how the OP feels though, it's also took the shine off our battling display for me too. They're really f***ing annoying, like a midge that you can't get rid of on a hot day.

Proud
Wow.

Gg
Sounds like you worry what they think more than I do.

Know how the OP feels though, it's also took the shine off our battling display for me too. They're really f***ing annoying, like a midge that you can't get rid of on a hot day.

They are irrelevant.
Just stay away from Pig fests like Radio Sheffield and the Sheffield Star where the reporters and pig fans will be jizzing themselves over each other.
Good point today coming from behind with 10 men just enjoy it.
Unbeaten in 5 looking good, the 6 year nightmare could be about to end.
UTB.

Maybe best to give up football completely - sounds like it could cause you some SERIOUS psychological damage :eek:
Hating Wednesday has made my love of football even bigger. I waste time and effort on disliking them but I wouldn't have it any other way deep down. I couldnt imagine supporting a club from a town or city I'm not from, and it wouldn't be much better supporting a team from a one club city either.
Rivalry IS football for me, I just need to let it stop shitting on Uniteds accomplishments sometimes.
I find it hard to believe that you don't understand that.

Really couldn't care less about other clubs, only bothered when they play the Blades

Really couldn't care less about other clubs, only bothered when they play the Blades
Really?
You don't look for any other clubs results? I literally hope every single local club and man united get battered.

A photo of the Kop when Wednesday were playing Oxford on 24 November 1973 - not the lowest home attendance of the season but only 7,998 turned up as Wednesday hovered above the relegation zone . Coming a couple of weeks after an 8-2 drubbing in the League Cup by QPR and a run of League defeats it's still a sight.
1973Kop_zpsbe8be193.jpg

MASSIVE ,MY ARSE

Hating Wednesday has made my love of football even bigger. I waste time and effort on disliking them but I wouldn't have it any other way deep down. I couldnt imagine supporting a club from a town or city I'm not from, and it wouldn't be much better supporting a team from a one club city either.
Rivalry IS football for me, I just need to let it stop shitting on Uniteds accomplishments sometimes.
Mate, I understand rivalry completely but not enjoying what we did because of what they did is not rivalry but stupidity.
To use the old phrase "you're cutting off your nose to spite your face!"
You should have developed your protective shell of indifference by now, what you going to do if they DO get into PL?

I am Sheffield born and raised, I am also United through and through. I also believe that because it is over 30 years since I lived in Sheffield that my concerns or thoughts about the pigs are now a bit diluted.
I dislike em, and rejoiced at their play-off final failure, but to me the Blades are all that matters. I followed em from the 1st Division to the 4th Division and back again, regardless of what the pigs were doing it did not stop me supporting Sheffield's number one football club.

I'm way too mature (old) to be bothered by what they do. But I cant help it!..United result first and always..Unless there's another game directly affecting us, I'd always be interested in their score next though...Post-Prem, I did have a brief flirtation looking out for West Ham's result second but normal service resumed now..Each to their own but I think you're entirely normal!...UTB
Actually that's not true...If we had nothing to play for in the last match of the season. And our opponents could keep/send them down..I'd happily reappraise my priorities

Mate, I understand rivalry completely but not enjoying what we did because of what they did is not rivalry but stupidity.
To use the old phrase "you're cutting off your nose to spite your face!"
You should have developed your protective shell of indifference by now, what you going to do if they DO get into PL?
I will look on the brightside and think- ah well, at least they will get battered every weekend. I know you're right, it's just how I've been brought up. I despise them.

It's actually possible to reach a point where you despise a club so much that you don't even want to acknowledge their existance. I don't like discussing them because they are a black mark on the city I love.

I understand Pigend. Hate em. The simple fact they even exist blights my life. But I do have anger issues

BTL doing a sterling effort in ignoring them on this thread, as per I see.

Very strange O/P.

What Wednesday do is a total irrelevance to me and that's how it should be right now. We have nothing to do with each other.

Back
Top Bottom